Alaska UAS Interest Group Annual Meeting 2014
Annual Meeting: September 15-18, 2014
Anchorage Hilton Hotel Click here for hotel registration.
Also: Monday, Sept. 15 has been added to the meeting. The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration officials will host this day to speak about their plans for unmanned aircraft.
The University of Alaska Fairbanks, the Alaska Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration and the Pan-Pacific UAS Test Range Complex invite you to attend the 2014 Alaska Unmanned Aircraft Systems Interest Group Annual Meeting in Anchorage, Alaska Sept. 15-18, 2014.
The meeting is open to interested government, industry and private participants in the field of unmanned aircraft systems and robotics, as well as potential users from a variety of agencies, associations, institutions and commercial interests.
The 2014 workshop will provide a forum for civil, commercial and government technologists, engineers, UAS and NAS users and stakeholders. Themes will include:
- How Alaska, Oregon and Hawaii formed a partnership to establish PPUTRC, our plans to make it a world class FAA test site, and how we envision proposed operating fundamentals
- PPUTRC supporting role in FAA’s safe integration of UAS into the National Airspace System
- How Alaska leads in understanding government, industry and private UAS and robotics
- Openly discuss how to explore and identify ways we can work together to safely achieve our common goals
- The potential impact on civil and commercial manned and unmanned aircraft activity in Alaska
- The role of UAS in education, research, science, natural resource management, natural disasters, emergency response, search and rescue and so much more
We expect the 2014 UASIG meeting to be a fulfilling and informative event and hope that you will attend. The call for papers, cost and registration, vendor information, sponsorship and agenda will be announced soon.
Thank you all for your continued interest in the Alaska UAS Interest Group. We hope to see you all in Anchorage this coming September.
For more information, contact Diana Campbell at 907-474-5229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UAS in Action
See the takeoff and recovery of an unmanned aircraft in the Bering Sea from the NOAA Ship McArthur II. Footage and photos from the flight included as well.